Click Here! to Download Instantly, all of the Amazing Animal Books for Young Readers from Amazon.com
Here are 10 fun facts about snakes that you must definitely know before you visit any of the reptile parks
1) Snakes do not have eyelids. A transparent layer protects the eye.
2) During each and every year the snake sheds its skin for about 10 times which lasts for about a week.
3) Snakes do not bite their food instead they swallow their prey in one mouth. They also have jaws that are flexible so they can swallow anything which is bigger than them also.
4) Snakes do have external ears. They contain only internal ears.
5) They smell with their tongue because they do not have a nose.
6) Snakes can swim. Some snakes swim on the surface of the water while some snakes even swim underwater.
7) Some snakes can camouflage themselves to protect themselves from its enemies.
8) There are more than 3000 different species present around the world.
9) They can breathe through their skin when they are underwater.
10) Snakes sometimes use venom to hurt its victims.